Thursday, February 16, 2012

Rick Santorum sugar daddy on contraception: In my day, girls put aspirin between their knees

OK, now this one, I'm putting up for a reason. The comment that this person, the leader behind Rick Santorum's Super PAC, makes about birth control in his day and today just takes my breath away. (Actually, it took Andrea Mitchell's breath away too.) How can this old white man even think about saying something so blatantly sexist without realizing that he will do great damage to his candidate's and his own reputation?

Ah, that's it--he wasn't thinking at all!

Rick Santorum sugar daddy on contraception: In my day, girls put aspirin between their knees

3 comments:

  1. I watched that on TV and I don't think my jaw could have hit the floor harder when I heard those awful words. Could. Not. Believe. It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice unless you live in an era of "social and cultural changes...that manifested in increased levels of deviant behavior in the general society and also among priests of the Catholic Church in the United States."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am more shocked by the fact that in 2012, our potential presidential candidates are still caught up with issues that we as a country should have stopped arguing about long ago. How about the issues that matter like inhumane working conditions practiced by foreign companies who import goods into the United States or potential dangers of eating genetically engineered foods or the ballooning national debt that is becoming irreversible. Hmm, no lets argue about whether or not women should be allowed to use birth control or whether 2 people of the same sex can be married.

    ReplyDelete